Monday, June 1, 2015

Dinner @ Chai Seafood Pending

Bro, Sil, Berry and I were at Chai Seafood Pending for dinner the other night. Service was fast and we had our food served within 15 minutes of ordering.

With our rice, we ordered these dishes ....

 Stir-fried midin with red wine, RM8.00
Portion was reasonable, and I loved the fragrance of the red wine in the dish. 

 Oyster omelette, RM15.00 
The omelette was alright .... but quickly became soggy. I thought the oysters were too dry ... 

 Buttered prawns, RM28.00
Yummy sauce to go with the rice! 

Sweet and sour crabs, RM35.00
What tiny crabs ...... hmn ...... 

Of all the dishes, I liked the prawns the most - large, succulent and drenched in a creamy, buttery sauce. Berry liked it too and kept asking for it.

The lady asked how many crabs we wanted - and I told her 2. Then came the dish and I realised the crabs were tiny. Hmn ..... she should have told me the sizes or I could have and should have asked her the sizes of the crabs. I'm certainly not sure where we can get chilli crabs in Kuching? I've had some VERY GOOD crabs at Restaurant Gui Lin in KL ..... spicy and sweet and savoury and so shiok. These sweet and sour crabs ..... sigh ..... certainly could be better.

Rice was RM1.00 per bowl .... and drinks were on average about RM3.00 per glass. I ordered the kedondong juice which I had enjoyed very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...