Thursday, June 25, 2015

Nasi Lemak in Kuching : Sukha

Nasi Lemak is a signature dish at Sukha at a fancy price of RM12.00. At that price, it's only right for me to have a bit of expectations. So when the plate was set before me, I relished in the visual appeal of the dish. Ok, at least it looked yummy, and my appetite was whetted.

Everything was neatly arranged .... so pretty :)) 


A closer look.
The nasi lemak was served on a banana leave, cut in a circular shape. The rice in the middle, and was encircled with all the condiments and the fried chicken with spices - Ayam Berempah.

Let's start with the rice - warm, soft and fluffy, fragrant and lemak. I did catch a whiff of that aroma of santan.

Sambal - I loved the red hue; the sambal is slightly moist, but not watery, sweet and savoury and piquant. Not spicy, but not bad at all.

Half a hard-boiled egg - which was cut really neatly!

3 slices of cucumbers, and generous servings of peanuts and deep-fried anchovies.

Fried chicken - a whole thigh of substantial size; very crispy, with spices - especially the coriander seeds - evident on the crust. Not bad, except that I'm not very much a fan of ayam berempah. :))

So do I prefer this or Spore Nasi Lemak at Coffee Talk? Hmn ..... this one's on the pricey side; so perhaps when I feel like having nasi lemak served fancily, I would come here. When I'm on a shoestring budget, I would go to Coffee Talk (even though the nasi lemak there isn't exactly cheap either). The best nasi lemak in my books is still from Summit Cafe in Miri ...... I'm salivating now thinking of the steaming hot rice and the ever so flavourful beef rendang. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...