Monday, June 29, 2015

Mee Suah @ Ah Yen Cafe

I did not have much time for lunch ... so I dropped by Ah Yen Cafe for a quickie. Not knowing what to eat .... and there not being many choices of things to eat, I ordered a Mee Suah in Chicken Soup.

Mee Suah in Chicken Soup, RM6.00; iced coffee, RM2.00

Hmn .... this bowl of mee suah was reasonable in portion. There were lots of wheat vermicelli in the bowl, to which I only ate about one third. Ingredients wise, there were a piece of chicken drumstick, a piece of mushroom, and a poached egg. Of the three items, my favourite was the egg ..... the yolk, though not runny, was not overcooked. Yum. The chicken and mushroom ... hmn ... nothing great.

The soup was not hot enough ... I liked my soup to be tongue-burning hot. This one could have been heated up longer. The flavour was very bland, and the flavour of the rice wine did not come through. I poured the whole saucer of soy sauce into my broth .... and it tasted a wee bit better after that. On the bright side, I knew the soup wasn't overloaded with msg, for it did not taste artificial. It just did not taste wholesome and hearty enough.

I liked the iced coffee though ... it had a distinctive flavour, which I think came from a good blend of coffee and good quality condense milk. A bit sweet though, so I did not dare to finish drinking it.

Ah Yen Cafe is located at Soho, Jalan Wan Alwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...