Friday, June 26, 2015

Craving For Curry Yong Tau Foo

My last bowl of Curry Yong Tau Foo at Foodbazaar food court at the Spring Shopping Mall was better than expected. What I liked about the yong tau foo here was not the selection of yong tau foo items. They were very limited, in fact. What I liked was the curry gravy - with thick consistency and a very well-balanced yet satisfying curry flavour.

So I found myself craving for that hot bowl of Curry Yong Tau Foo!

My bowl, RM7,80

I had a stuffed bitter gourd, a stuffed eggplant, a chunk of fishcake, a thick chunk of sausage, a piece of beancurd skin, and glass noodles. All the items were blanched before the hot curry gravy was ladled over the items, infusing them with that really good curry flavour. Too bad they did not have kangkong ..... I'd love to have the crunchy kangkong soaking up my curry gravy... Yums. Love it. Go try it. :))

3 comments:

  1. Since your first post on curry ytf, have been meaning to try it out but somehow something always crop up whenever I'm at the spring and I ended up having my meal elsewhere. Must make an effort to try this weekend. Rich coconut milk, very sinful but irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like rich curry....but for Yong Tau Foo, i prefer them in clear soup ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Jonsey, please try it this weekend and let me know what you think. Nux V - I haven't tried the clear soup here.

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...