Thursday, June 18, 2015

Unexpected Discount

I needed to buy a highlighter pen. So I went to Popular Book Store to buy one. While there, I also browsed along the shelves and looked at the books. One book which I picked up was entitled Conversations with God. I flipped through and began reading the first few pages ... and then was prompted to buy the book. RM49.50. Not cheap .... but there was a strong urge to buy it so I relented. It's ok, I told myself. I could get tax rebates. 

So with my book, a highlighter  and a roll of clear plastic book wrap, I proceeded to check out. The polite cashier greeted me and scanned the items. I had to pay RM22.35. 

I frowned, puzzled. I looked at the display on the register for what it seemed a long time, trying to figure out what the payment was for .... or whether they were correctly scanned. The cashier was probably wondering what was wrong with me. Why wasn't I paying yet?

So I seeked for clarification from him .... and he said that there was a 65% discount on the book! 

Wow! I said. I had no idea that the book was on offer for there wasn't any indication at all on the shelf. And there wasn't any discount sticker at all on the book! How would I expect that it would be on offer? 

For a RM49.50 book, I paid only RM16.90. I saved RM32.60. God is good. 

A new book for me to read .... 

I left the book shop ecstatic. I was really happy. God made my day. :)) 

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...