Sunday, June 14, 2015

Venture To Malay Wedding

A few of my colleagues and I went to attend the wedding reception of our former colleague's daughter. We were worried that we would feel out of place .... so we made a pact to go together.

At the function, we were greeted by our former colleague and then shown to a table .... where we basically sat around and waited. I was really happy to meet 2 former students from my former school though. I learnt that a few of them had been studying here at UITM.

Lunch was already set on the table ..... and right before 12.00 p.m., we were able to eat!

As we lifted up the lid, the food greeted us .... 

So what's in the serving dish? I'll start from the centre .... 
1) Sliced navel oranges .... lol .... my colleagues said the fruits weren't sweet; I did not try them at all.
2) The black coloured dish was beef masak hitam ..... The meat was hard, but I was able to flake it into small pieces before eating. The meat was totally infused in the spices ..... which I liked. :))
3) The 2 dishes of chicken curry flanked the beef masak hitam .... the curry was tasty and the gravy had good consistency .... I basically drenched my rice with the gravy before I tucked in.
4) The yellow mush next to the chicken curry turned out to be spiced pineapples. These were sweet and provided a balance of flavour to all the savoury dishes.
5) The last dish was salted fish sambal which really whet our appetite. Yums. 

My nasi minyak set 

Hmn ...... the portion was quite little though, and there were no refills. But we could go home right after we finished our food ..... it was a short and sweet reception. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...