Friday, June 5, 2015

Lunch @ Xin Kung Fu

There was buffet lunch at Xin Kung Fu @ Premier 101. Pay RM12.00 and one can eat their fill of the dishes served. We were there at 1.00 p.m. ..... and we glanced at the dishes inside the tray but did not feel like having them. So we sat down and ordered ourselves these dishes ....

Cantonese-style Beehoon, RM7.00
Tasted good! The noodles had a smoky flavour, and the consistency of the sauce was good! There were meat slices, surimi crabsticks, sliced fishcake and vegetables in the gravy. Honestly, I couldn't tell whether the meat was pork or chicken. It tasted too hard to be chicken, so it my guess would be pork. But then, it had a bit of  powdery texture at the end much like chicken breast meat. So my conclusion - the pork slices were unfresh or the chicken was overcooked.

Seafood fried rice, RM7.00
We both did not like the fried rice as it was soggy. The rice wasn't fluffy at all, so the texture was ruined. Then, we couldn't find any seafood at all in the rice. Where were the fish, prawns or cuttlefish? In their places were only surimi crabsticks and sliced fishcake. That accounted for seafood?? There wasn't even any meat (none of those unidentifiable meat from the noodle dish here!) in the dish  ........ sigh .....  

Braised pig stomach with salted vegetables, RM5.50
I did not like this dish too, as I felt tha the pig stomach had a neither here nor there flavour - not really absorbing the flavours from the salted vegetables ..... 

We paid RM27.05 for our meal with 2 drinks - iced lemon was RM3.00 and barley was RM3.00. GST was RM1.53.

Other comments :
1) I walked into the restaurant alone because my friend wasn't there yet. But none of the staff who was sitting around bothered to greet me or asked what I wanted. How hospitable.

2) I enquired about the buffet so they thought that I had wanted to eat that and they left me to my own devices. But in the end I decided to order a la carte ... and had to go and search for the menu and all. I would prefer to have a staff in attendance to see customers to their needs first,

3) I cannot tolerate passing off processed food as seafood. It was deceiving. I felt cheated. So it tarnished my impression of this restaurant. It was stated "Seafood Fried Rice" in the menu - so naturally we would expect morsels of the real thing. There was none whatsoever in the dish. I almost ordered the "Seafood fried beehoon" - which fortunately I did not. Otherwise, I would really have made a scene.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...