Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Bintawa Dumplings

Well, the dumpling or bak chang festival is over. But yesterday, my cousin J came over bearing me her favourite dumplings. We call them "Bintawa Dumplings" as they were made by a lady in Bintawa. Cousin J often ordered them and had them delivered to her office. Each dumpling cost RM3.20.

This year, she remembered me when she placed her order .... and was so nice to send them over to my house. Bless her generous soul!

Now, the dumplings are rather small in size, and wrapped in a pandan leaf.


A dumpling in my Tupperware container .... 

 Here's what it looked like inside .... 

 Another angle .... 

This dumpling isn't like the ones my family make at home - which are very heavily spiced. This one is more subtle in flavour .....

The rice is soft but not mushy, and it bound the whole dumpling together so that they do not disintegrate. The filling contains bits of meat - they are soy-braised and tasted sweet. There's also smooth and sweet yam paste inside there .... and I think that is about it. The filling is not really a lot, but then it does not feel very little either ..... so I would say that it's quite reasonable in amount.

This is not bad a dumpling at all. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...