Sunday, June 7, 2015

Homecooked Local Fare

My colleague N is a great cook. She cooked for us this local fare which I enjoyed very much.

Yummy homecooked food

There was rice served with :
1) Kedondong, carrot, green apple kerabu - it was sweet and sour and spicy and aromatic with the use of ginger flower in the dish. Loved it.
2) Acar rebung - Bamboo shoots with spices - the thinly sliced bamboo shoots were very crunchy. The spices were quite "heavy" in flavour but they suited the bamboo shoots just fine. Loved it too.
3) Chicken rendang - soft and tender chicken pieces coated with dry rendang paste. Yums
4) Stir-fried mixed vegetables 

 Acar rebung
My first time eating this and how I loved it .... I'm going to ask N for the recipe. 

N even made for us bread pudding!! I'm amazed at how she could have cooked so much food so early in the morning! Didn't she need to sleep??? 

Lovely freshly baked pudding for dessert 

I totally enjoyed the meal so much. Thanks N!! Cook more often ;P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...