Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Highly Recommended CKT

I would like to recommend this very delicious Kuching-style char kueh tiaw, that is really worth eating. For one thing, the rice noodles were aromatic, with just a very subtle hint of wok's breath, and not greasy at all. Yet, the noodles weren't dry, and retained moistness that was very pleasant. The flavour was also balanced - just the right amount of saltiness, with bursts of fragrance from the egg.

Then, you can see for yourself the amount of ingredients used, so that every mouthful of the rice noodles will be accompanied the crunch of vegetables or fresh slices of meat! I knew for certain that the pork slices were fresh, unlike some outlets I know of.

And guess how much is my packet here? Only RM4.00.

Delicious CKT

During Grandma's funeral wake, I bought numerous packets of these for my relatives .... and everyone sang praises of it. Mom too was raving about it .... and we had gone back to buy this char kueh tiaw a few times since then.

Stall No. 40 at the Kenyalang Old Market sells only at night. Aside from the fried noodles, it also sells good kolo mee at RM3.00. There are many hidden gems at the old market .... and this stall is one of them. I would truly prefer to eat this than that famous one at Hui Sing Hawker Centre.

Other gems include ....

Sio Bee, RM0.70 each 

 Very famous sweet and savoury cha kueh ... 

Will talk about these next time. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...