Saturday, June 27, 2015

Curry Hainan Chicken Rice @ Yong Kwang Cafe Kenyalang Park Kuching

Yong Kwang Cafe at Kenyalang Park Commercial Centre is a very old establishment. They are very famous for their steams baos and sio bees, which are unfortunately not my favourite. Their kolo mee is also a following for the regulars. There is a kueh stall outside the coffee shop with a good selection of kueh in the morning. And there are also stalls selling belacan beehoon and rojak, chicken rice, and economic rice.

From the economic rice stall that day, I ordered a Curry Hainan Chicken Rice.

Curry Hainan Chicken Rice, RM5.00
Iced coffee, RM2.00

It comprised of steamed chicken on savoury rice, and served with a bowl of clear soup, another bowl of curry gravy, and of course, the chilli dip. Inside the curry were pieces of dried bean curd and some soggy-looking long beans.

I found the rice and the chicken to be alright when eaten with the chilli condiment. The soup was hot, and it was pleasant to drink. But I did not like the curry at all. The taste was not to my palate, for I hated the taste of overcooked long beans in my curry.

The coffee was alright, I suppose .... only too sweet that it made me feel guilty drinking.

Here at Yong Kwang Cafe, there's another stall selling chicken rice, roasted meats, and curry rice .... next time, I'll try the curry rice here. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...