Friday, May 15, 2015

Soft & Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie

I took the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction, and here's the link for the recipe. The recipe is very detailed and there are even step-by-step photographs ....

But of course, I tweaked the recipe for my batch of cookies. I weighed 280g of self-raising flour and added 1 1/2 tsp of cornstarch, 1 tsp of baking soda, and 1/2 tsp salt. Then I melted 170g of butter, and whisked it with 130g of brown sugar, 1 whole egg, 1 egg yolk and 1 1/2 tsp vanilla. It took me about 10 minutes to ensure that everything mixed well together.

When I was happy with the blend of the wet ingredients, I poured it into the dry ingredients and formed a dough .... and it looked rather wet. So I took the liberty to add in a bit more flour ..... I think I would have added at least 20g more of flour. Finally, I folded in 150g of chocolate chip. The dough was sent to the fridge for 2 hours.

After 2 hours .... 

Each of my cookie balls were about 28g .... 

Cookie balls on lined trays ... 

And baked for 12 minutes at 180 degrees ..

Yummy 

The cookie was a very soft and crumbly inside. They were sweet and I would have reduced the sugar a bit more - perhaps 110g will do next time! I also appreciated the prominent taste of butter. Yums. Mom liked them too.

Transfer to air-tight container ... would be nice to eat with plain tea.

Happy. I'm very sure to be making these again! :))

2 comments:

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...