Friday, July 17, 2015

Annie Kolo Mee

I had a condition for a couple of days .... and it bothered me and cause me some discomfort. I was worried that it could be symptom for something more serious. So I decided to go for a blood test. After telling Doc about it, he said it might not be serious .... but then he too recommended a blood test.

Today was my blood test day. I haven't done one for quite a while. Doc drew blood from my the back of my hand because the vein in my arms were difficult to locate. Too much fat there for certain. Lol.

A nick near my knuckle after dashing out of the car in the rain yesterday .... ouch
The plastered area where blood was drawn .... ouch .... 

So I had been fasting for 16 hours, and was a bit hungry. And Annie Kolo Mee at KNNG Cafe, Jalan Petanak was just nearby. Annie Kolo Mee is a netizen's favourite.

The stall opened from 6.30 a.m. to 1.00 p.m., and then 3.30 p.m. to 9.00 p.m.
That's according to the red piece of paper stuck on the glass 

The drinks server was funny. He forgot my drinks order ..... and then he gave me back the wrong amount of change. He was such a young lad, and the cafe was not even crowded, and so I wondered why he was so distracted. Lol. He apologised profusely ... lol. I was amused. 

Freshly-cooked barley, RM1.50

I decided to try the most basic of kolo mee, and this is what it looked like ... 

Kolo Mee, RM3.00 

A closer look 

The curly noodles were very springy and not overcooked. There was no broth in the bowl. So after tossing the noodles, I found them to be glistening with oil. There were lots of chopped deep-fried shallots in the bowl ..... indicating the generous use of the aromatic oil. Taste wise, I'd say that the noodles were alright. Good, but not good enough to make me want to come back that soon.

Ingredients wise ... 5 slices of char siew, quite a generous spoonful of minced pork, and a stalk of vegetable. No spring onion used.

I waited quite long despite there not being a lot of people. It's because only one serving of noodles was cooked at one time. One could actually have their noodles customised in lots of ways - with wantons, or fishballs, or with black vinegar ....

The next time I do come, I'd try the red noodles and the black vinegar one. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...