Saturday, July 4, 2015

Cheese With Chicken Chop @ Cheese & Tea

I was at Cheese & Tea at Brighton Square for lunch. I was hungry, and I ordered a Cheese Baked Rice with Chicken Chop, and a hot cup of coffee. I waited quite long for my food .... and was getting rather impatient ....

Cheese Baked Rice with Chicken Chop, RM10.50, served with Tobasco Sauce
Coffee, RM3.50

The bowl of rice looked really delectable, when it was set before me. I digged in immediately, and found that it was really moist inside and very cheesy indeed. It should have been really good.

However, I found that this dish was not very well-executed. Firstly, the rice wasn't rich and creamy enough ... so that when it got cold, the rice looked slightly watery. I mean that the rice and the moisture looked like separate entities. Worst of all .... the chicken chunks in there lookd as though they were swimming in soupy rice ... and so that wasn't and didn't seem very nice to me.

There had to be enough cream to hold the rice together with the moisture. The rice also had a very strong flavour of black pepper .... and that was about it. There wasn't that richness from butter or cream which I felt was important to flavour the rice.

The next problem was the cheese .... It's not the amount of cheese that makes a dish great. This bowl of rice was indeed topped with a lot of mozarella .... and when the dish got cold, the cheese hardened and became a hard springy mess .... I got really tired and irritated battling with the rubbery cheese in my bowl.

The rubbery cheese clumped together ... 

Well, the menu here is extensive .... with noodles, assorted rice and pasta dishes, and also snacks available. Yes, I would return to this shop, probably to try out other items on the menu like the stir-fried rice or noodles. Oh by the way, I liked the hot coffee here. :))

Cheese & Tea operates at Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce and Brighton Square, and they are closed on Thursdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...