Wednesday, July 8, 2015

Lunch @ Nam Nam Cafe

My colleague said she loved the Vietnamese fare at Nam Nam Cafe. A good bowl of Vietnamese pho is always heartwarming, so I decided to go have a try. I had ....

Vietnamese Drip Coffee, RM5.90

I had mine black with ice and no sugar. I liked the coffee for it was thick and had a sweet, caramel aftertaste. 

Pho Tai Bo Vien 
Pho with Beef Slices and Beef Meatballs, RM13.90

The bowl of noodles were huge! The vegetables came on a separate plate. I then dumped everything into my bowl. 

The rice noodles were narrower than our local kueh tiaw, and more translucent too. It was smooth and I liked it. The beef broth was indeed beefy and sweet. I liked it too. It was really good when flavoured with the herbs. The thinly sliced meat were in small slices .... and some were in small bits. I'd say that they weren't properly or neatly sliced. The chunks of beef balls were juicy and tender. I liked them too. 

What could be improved? Well, I think the beef broth wasn't hot enough - that when I dumped in my beansprouts they did not cook as fast as it should have. I loved my pho to be boiling hot, tongue-burning hot .... and this one here at Nam Nam could have been served hotter.

Accompanying the pho is Sriracha sauce, hoisin sauce and the house chilli sauce.

Goi Cuon
Vietnamese Spring Rolls with Prawns and Pork, RM5.90

The goi cuon were huge pieces! In the paper rice pastry were lettuce, thin slices of pork, prawn, herbs and lots of rice vermicelli. Dip that in the hoisin peanut sauce .... and it was refreshing and quite delicious. 

Altogether, I paid RM25.70 for my Vietnamese meal. Nam Nam opens from 10 am to 2 pm, 5.30 pm to 9 pm daily, closed on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...