Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Magic Fingers Crispy Chicken

Today was spent shopping ... I bought some unmentionables so that I could get rid of the old and worn ones .... and some sport socks too. It took me a long, long time somehow, because choices in this part of Malaysia is really very limited. Sigh. And then I got distracted by some fancy jewellery .... which I was tempted to buy and almost bought but did not buy. Phew.

Anyway, I've been wanting to try the Korean-style fried chicken at Magic Fingers Crispy Chicken at CityOne Megamall ....

3 pieces of drumsticks
RM11.00 ala carte 

The chicken drumsticks were served in a square tin receptacle. They were nicely arranged, and looked very delicious indeed. Without hesitation, we both digged in.

The chicken was really very crispy, so that was a really pleasant feature. Each drumstick was coated with glistening red sauce - it looked fiery and spicy, but in fact it wasn't. It tasted sweet and very prominently of smoky BBQ sauce.

I found the sauce a bit too sweet for my palate. I prefer fried chicken to be savoury, and not sweet. As for the BBQ sauce, hmn ....  it did not sit very well with me too. I'd like the Korean red pepper flavour to stand out more, instead of the Westernised BBQ flavour.

Not bad actually, just not how I would want my friend chicken to be. I'd come back here for the pizza and charcoal burgers. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...