Friday, July 24, 2015

Congratulations to R and Family

At the last minute, C, S and I were invited to attend our colleague R's daughter's wedding reception. Of course we agreed to go and to share the happy occasion with him and his family. The wedding reception was held at the Hornbill Restaurant, and still, compared to the 2 wedding receptions that I had attended recently, I would say that Hornbill Restaurant still fared better compared to the other two - Cousin J's & Cousin F's. The quality of the food served here is just more refined ... compared to the other two occasions.

Just look at the huge chunk of crab meat in this fish maw soup!
The taste was great, with lots of texture provided from the fish maw strips.

Apart from the soup, the buttered prawns weren't to be missed. The lamb rendang was flavourful and so tender that I could slide the meat off the bones with my chopsticks! The beggar's chicken was also tender and delicious. So all in all, I'd look forward to more meals at the Hornbill Restaurant than anywhere else. Lol. 

Sorry no pictures .... the few pictures that I took weren't very up to the mark. :P 
Previous Hornbill Restaurant meals here and here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...