Saturday, July 18, 2015

This Raya Morning ...

Selamat Hari Raya! This morning I woke up and missed the familiar sound of the takbir. I hear it every Raya ..... but not this morning somehow. It seemed strangely quiet. The streets too, were empty and quiet at this part of the town. So I suppose that celebrations were concentrated on specific areas - probably across river and in the kampungs.

So on this Raya morning, I decided to hit the gym. It too was nearly empty. Only a handful of men were pitting their strengths against the weight machines. The cardio zone was mine. So I ran on the treadmill for a good 40 minutes.

Many shops were closed near the gym .... so for lunch, I bought chicken rice for myself and the folks too. They hadn't tried the chicken rice from this outlet before.

Chicken rice, RM5.30 
from the Authentic Chicken Rice shop
Soft and moist, savoury and aromatic was the rice. A generous amount of sesame oil and light soy sauce enhanced the flavour. The chicken was deboned, and made up mostly of chicken breast. 

Glad the folks enjoyed the chicken rice. :)) 

My blood test came back fine actually. Blood sugar rose a notch higher than it was before, but still in the non-diabetic range. Cholesterol was a tad high .... and I need to exercise more regularly to control that. Still, I ate chicken rice for lunch? Lol ...... 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...