Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Happy UFOs @ Farmer's Crib

I always walk past Farmer's Crib at CityOne Megamall. I know that they sell a snack called UFO - a waffle snack that looks like an edible bubble wrap - a bubble waffle, actually. I've always wanted to try it .... but of course, I hated waiting. So I procrastinated .......

Today, S wanted to wait with me ..... because it's her favourite snack. Lol. And wait we did, for at least a good 10 minutes.

Chocolate UFO, RM5.50

S' favourite is the chocolate UFO, and she likes to peel each bubble open to look at the chocolate filling inside before she ate it. It amuses me to see her eat. :))

When eaten hot, the waffle is in fact crunchy. But it gets cold very quickly, and of course then it gets soft. The chocolate UFO is sweet while the cheese UFO is sweet and salty at the same time.

When I looked at my cheese UFO, my first question was "Where's the cheese?" S said it melted.

Cheese UFO, RM5.50

Nah, it did not melt, actually. 

 The bubble top

The bottom and a sprinkling of cheese powder on the surface
You know, in the picture in the menu (and you can check the FB page too), the cheese UFO is supposed to be sprinkled with grated cheddar and not cheese powder. I could dispute this and claim being cheated. Simple matter, but not a good feeling, you know. 

Melted cheddar inside - I wish there could be more ... 

The waffle was very filling indeed .... and I quickly felt very bloated after eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...