Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Go Fun Kee @ Ban Hock Road

It was a cold and rainy afternoon. S and I wanted something hot and soupy. So we headed to Go Fun Kee. There wasn't any place to sit at all ... and we had to stand around and wait for a while. Luckily, somebody vacated soon, and we sat down. Orders were taken in a jiffy and food was served not long after that.

Bakuteh with 3 meats for 1 person, RM9.00
I chose to have 软骨 , pork belly and liver

Dry bakuteh with 2 meats for 1 person, RM10.00
For this, we opted for 软骨and pig stomach. Then on a spur, we added pig tail too. An additional type of meat is charged at RM4.00 per portion. So our dry bakuteh cost us RM14.00 instead of RM10.00.

Between the 2 types of bakuteh, I preferred the soupy version. The dry version tasted burnt and bitter to me. Other than the overpowering taste of soy sauce, there wasn't much other flavour nor taste that came through. The soup bakuteh was a tad salty to me, and I would have preferred the herbal flavour to stand out more. Not exactly the best bakuteh in my books. 

You Tiao, RM1.20 per portion 
It looked soft and soggy .... but when added into the bakuteh soup, it was still tasty. :))

Carrot Milk, RM4.50 & Chocolate Milk Tea RM4.00

Rice was RM1.20 per plate, and inclusive of GST, we paid, RM35.10 for the whole meal.

2 comments:

  1. having bakuteh on a rainy day makes it more delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup! Indeed. There are times when we crave for something hot and soupy!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...