Friday, November 20, 2015

Steamed Pumpkin Bao

"Try! Pumpin Bao! Very nice!" J handed me half of a bao.

I thanked her and took a bite. It wasn't bad at all! Yums. "From Hui Sing?" I enquired.

"Yes! They make it on the spot!" she said.

Well, yeah, I know where the baos are sold. I always drive past them, but have never had the inclination to stop and buy them

So after aerobics the other night, I made it a point to buy some. I bought a char siew bao, and a meat bao. Both were RM1.80.

Orange skin, and very, very soft
I love the pastry very much.

And these are the filling ..... 

Meat Bao
Savoury, very light seasoning ... meat is chunkier and had more texture 

Sweeter filling, more goo than meat .... so lacking texture ... 

I shared my baos with S ..... She liked the char siew bao better than the meat bao .... but the opposite was true for me. :P

2 comments:

  1. Yeah...my bf told me the bao very famous... If not mistaken, they are from china. The china man married local lady... hmmm.. maybe..

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bao is not to say very nice. It's ok, I suppose.
    Really? I didn't know about the China part! Lol! Very interesting!

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...