Tuesday, November 10, 2015

The Raintree Restaurant @ Borneo Convention Centre Kuching

So we saw from the banners hanging on the streets about this home and lifestyle exhibition called Perfect Livin 2015 at BCCK ... we just wanted to browse to get some ideas for doing up our apartments which would only be ready in a few years' time. :P

But of course lunch would be first priority before we visited any booths .... so the Raintree Restaurant was the most natural destination. For the both of us, it was our first time there ....

Bread roll and butter
I quite love the freshly baked poppy seed bread roll .... break open the crust and find it soft and fluffy inside ...

We ordered 2 set lunches ... comprising a main course and also a dessert.

Linguine Carbonara 

Raintree Club Sandwich

Chocolate Cake 

Food wise, I would say that the linguine tasted better than the club sandwich; at least the pasta was served hot, and tasted rich and creamy enough. The sandwich was rather dry ... and had a greasy taste and smell which I did not like .... the chocolate cake was dry too.

Each set meal was RM21.00 nett. We agreed that we wouldn't come back all the way for these ...

As for the exhibition, it was quite fun to browse, though I felt that the choices were still limited. Of all the things that I saw .... I was interested in only a daybed and also a wall laundry rack. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...