Monday, August 3, 2009

I Feel Like A Clerk

Letters keep coming from the Education Department, both from Miri and Kuching to ask for data.

I wonder if the people who sit in their offices know that collecting data takes time?

A letter comes today and demands information today.

Hello!!!

I'm not a clerk. I don't sit in the office all day.

I'm a teacher. I have to plan my lessons, teach my students, mark my essays, produce test papers and so on.

If information is required, at least give me time to collect and process it.

What annoys me the most is that people from different units in the Education Department keep asking for different versions of the same information.

Sigh.

I supply the information. My Senior Assistant supplies the information. And the data teacher supplies the information.

They are all the same information. Just different versions.

Sigh.

I'm not happy being a clerk. I don't want to be a clerk.

I want to teach in the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...