Saturday, August 22, 2009

The Naked Kitchen

(Pic Source : http://www.soompi.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=224487)

As I've mentioned, I'm a fan of Ju Jihun, and I do hope that the Korean entertainment industry will be more forgiving towards this young man.

I'd been waiting to watch The Naked Kitchen. So you can imagine my delight when I got my hands on dvd last night.

Well, The Naked Kitchen is about a married woman, coming to terms with love and life. In this movie, Ju Jihun plays a young and talented chef who's half-French, half-Korean named Park Durae.

Ahn Morae (Shin Minah), after meeting Park Durae, realises that she has never been in love with her husband, Han Sang-in (Kim Taewoo). Morae and Sang-in are childhoold friends. She calls him "hyung", and she marries him because he is her confidante. She finds herself attracted physically and emotionally to Park Durae, after her initial run-in with him at an art gallery. When Sang-in finds out about Morae and Durae, all hell breaks loose.

The story is quite simple, though I do not really get the ending. Am I dumb? Or am I just not artistic enough to appreciate the hidden messages? Nevertheless, I do think the setting is so pretty, and all the food is a feast to the eyes.

Overall, I think Ju Jihun has improved in his acting. He portrayed his character quite well - young, carefree, and DARES to love.

A definite must-watch for all Ju Jihun fans.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...