Saturday, August 1, 2009

Happy Friday Night

We had a potluck dinner tonight at a friend's place. There were lots of food! And drinks too!!

There were ...

Barbecued pork.

Pork strips marinating in sauces and red wine, with slices of butter on top

Fish in foil and strips of pork cooking on the barbecue pit

Yummilicious pork ... nothing better than munching on these with a cold can of beer

Barbecued chicken wings.

Barbecued chicken wings

Barbecued fish.

Barbecued fish

Barbecued fish in foil.

Yum ... the fish was really fresh and sweet ....

Chicken satay.

Chicken satay cooking on the pit

A strip of marinated chicken breast atop a sheaf of pandan leaf for extra flavour

Pandan chicken.

Chicken wrapped in fragrant pandan parcels

The chicken is soft, and has a faint hint of spice ... Yum ...

Ayam pansuh. Chicken cooked in bamboo.

Yum ... Tasty chicken cooked in bamboo

Stir-fried noodles.

Fried noodles garnished with lots of egg omelette

Zhaocai Beehoon.

Savoury and sour and appetising

Vegetable sticks with 2 types of dip.

Cucumber, carrot, jicama sticks with tuna dip and rojak sauce

Salad.

Fresh vegetables salad in French dressing

Someone made a whole pot of peaches, longan and jelly dessert.

Peaches, longan & jelly

I had a can of Tiger. No picture.

Then I drank a glass of Bailey's.

Our appointed bartender pouring my Bailey's

My glass of Bailey's

And then a glass of red wine.

Red wine

And then a glass of white wine.

White wine

I can't just can't resist. Lol. I'm glad I did not get drunk.

Good food + Good company of friends = Happy Friday night ;))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...