Sunday, August 16, 2009

Seng Guan Cafe : Sarawak Laksa

Today, my friend and I went back to Seng Guan Cafe to eat the tasty kolo mee in char siew sauce that we tried last week. Each of us ordered a bowl. Today's noodles, however, were slightly disappointing as they were a bit soggy, being blanched too long. So sad.

Then curious to try the Sarawak Laksa, we ordered a bowl to share.


The laksa was from the ban mian stall.

Well, the broth was quite thick and lemak. But, there was too little broth to go with the beehoon.

The laksa had the usual ingredients such as blanched bean sprouts, blanched prawns, and omelette strips. It also had sliced tofu pok, which is not an original Sarawak Laksa ingredient. Besides, steamed chicken strips were missing.


Well, the laksa is edible, but it was nothing great. I wouldn't order laksa the next time I go to Seng Guan Cafe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...