Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Afternoon Tea @ Kim's Cafe

Well, I was at Kim's Cafe with my friends the other day at an odd hour, and it was pleasant to know that there's plenty to eat there!

Kim's Cafe opened last year, but this outlet seemed quietly inconspicuous. Many did not know of its existence, including myself. It was A**** who recommended that we go there, citing it as one of the favourite cafes to hang out.

It was W**'s birthday, and because of so many lapses in communication, we ended up celebrating at 3.00 p.m. in the afternoon. It was neither lunch nor dinner; A**** and I had a full breakfast, and yet W** and I had not eaten for the day.

Initially, W** ordered Laksa, but was told that it was not available. The lady told us that she could not secure coconut milk to not make Laksa on that day. Disappointed, W**** settled for Mee Sua in Red Wine. Lol. IMO, it's just so apt to eat longevity noodles on one's birthday. The lady offered to add in a hard-boiled egg foc. She also offered extra red wine, which W** turned down.

Anyway, the Mee Sua came topped with 3 pieces of chicken, shiitake mushroom, and as promised, a hard-boiled egg. The bowl was a tad too small and there was too little soup to eat the mee sua with, and so, the lady offered extra soup in another bowl!

Mee Sua or Longevity Noodles in Red Wine

A**** and I just wanted to snack, so we ordered a set of spring rolls. I expected them to be deep-fried popiahs wrapped with shredded vegetables. Instead, the spring roll turned out to be mini meat rolls. There were 3 rolls per order, served with sambal belacan. I suppose the meat rolls tasted pretty alright. Except that I did not like meat rolls to begin with. All of us liked the piquant sambal belacan, though.

Meat rolls

Our snacks basket came filled with crinkled fries, 3 tiny pieces of battered fish and 2 chicken wings. Pretty ordinary.

Snacks basket

However, all three of us liked the waffles a lot. The waffle was soft, and was superb when eaten with the ice-cream. The waffle satisfied and comforted and had me craving for more.

Waffles with a single scoop of chocolate ice-cream ... to die for ..

Kim's Cafe is at the same block as Clara International. Doesn't click? Hmn. Maybe if I say "Citrus", then you'll have a better idea? Parking is limited, so it can be quite a put off for some.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...