Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Gourmet Sausages

S**** and I went to the Porky Shop at Permyjaya, intending to buy some bacon. Instead, we ended up buying sausages.

Uncooked ...

The longer one of the two is the garlic-flavoured sausage. The shorter one is a Wiener. According to the owner, Wiener is unflavoured. Other sausages available at the shop include mushroom and cheese sausages.

Cooked ...

Both sausages were really compact and firm, and thus heavy. I bought these two little sausages for RM4.10. If I were not mistaken, garlic sausages were RM42.00 per kg while the Wiener was RM37.00 per kg.

I had my sausages slit and pan-fried this evening for dinner. And well, after trying both types of sausages, I found that I liked the Wiener more. Maybe it's because it's got a subtle sweetness to it, compared to the garlic sausage, which to me, was salty all the way.

I'm sure they'd both taste great with some mustard, though. Anyway, I'm already craving for more Wiener! Looks like I'll have to make a trip to Permyjaya again this coming weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...