Friday, April 9, 2010

Mos Burgers

C** wanted to watch football, and so I volunteered to buy dinner. We thought we would have Mos Burger, since I had never eaten at the Japanese burger franchise before.

"You never eat before arrr?" C** asked, taken aback.

Duh. Like we have Mos Burger here in Miri.

Mos stands for Mountain Ocean Sun. Interesting, eh?

C** wanted the Ebi rice burger. I knew "Ebi" was prawn, and I wondered how they would arrange little prawns in a burger. Well, my questions were indeed answered when I saw that it was not little prawns in between the rice cutlets, but a rounded prawn patty. Lol.

I had a bite of C**'s burger, and was quite satisfied with the combination of flavours. The prawn patty was quite tasty, with the taste of prawns coming through. The sauce was slightly sweet, and flavoured the rice and the prawn very well. Yum.

I don't like rice, but the rice "bun" tasted pretty alright, actually.

The burger came packed in a styrofoam wrapper.

C** pried open the burger ... looked kinda weird in the picture ... lol ...

In fact, it's supposed to look like this :
I had the Teriyaki Chicken burger. I liked it, as the meat patty was so juicy and tender, and full of teriyaki flavour - sweet and savoury, succulent and yum. The mayo added a creamier taste to the burger, and the lettuce was fresh and crisp.

Teriyaki Chicken Burger

I did not need to add any chilli sauce to my burger. It was good enough to eat on its own.

I liked the simple chilli sauce packaging

The fries were just ordinary, though.

French fries

I think Mos Burger is no longer available in Malaysia, isn't it? There used to be an outlet at Suria KLCC. It's just too bad that I will have to go to Singapore or further to have my next Mos burger.

2 comments:

  1. i Love mos burger! Have u been to freshness burger? It tastes a little better...from my perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No ... it's not available in SEA .... too bad ...

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...