Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Easy Chicken Sandwiches

Today, I had a craving for chicken sandwiches. It's very easy to make, except that I had to find cooked chicken first.

I could buy any type of cooked chicken, be it steamed, roasted or deep-fried. I actually liked the steamed or the roasted variety to make my sandwich filling.

At 3.30 p.m., I could only think of going to Giant Supermarket to buy a roasted spring chcken, but the chickens somehow did not look appetising at all.

So, I bought 2 fresh chicken thighs instead, and proceeded to clean and steam them myself. When they were cooked, I deboned and shredded the meat into small pieces.

I then added a pinch of salt and pepper to a teaspoon of mayonnaise. I gave it a good stir before adding my shredded chicken into the bowl. There, my chicken mayonnaise filling was ready to be spreaded onto my bread. Today, I used bamboo charcoal bread. It is supposed a healthy type of bread!

I liked to put fresh cucumber slices in between my bread too. Geez, cucumber must be out of season now, as they cost RM4.50 per kg. I bought 1 piece of cucumber for an exorbitant price of RM1.65!

My sandwiches were real satisfying, nevertheless. Just the way I like it! It's really great with a steaming hot cup of coffee!

Chicken mayo and cucumber sandwiches in bamboo charcoal bread


No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...