Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sunrise Seafood Court

What a lot of people eating here!! Sunrise Seafood Court is located at the intersection at the Boulevard Commercial Centre. It is a new addition to the many cafes and coffee shop that are already there.

We heard that the guy who used to sell Western food at Jing Wood Cafe had moved to Sunrise Seafood Court. Hence we wanted to try him out, to see whether his lamb chop was still as good as it was. The lamb chop was RM11.00 here, and it was exactly like the one Jing Wood used to serve. The standard had not dropped, after all.

Lamb chop in sauce ... a bun, french fries, baked beans and salad on the side

The lamb was quite tender, and the sauce quite flavourful. But I had really liked the little bun, as it was fresh, soft, and had a hint of buttery taste to it. It tasted almost like deep-fried crullers or doughnuts.

Besides the Western food, there were plenty of stalls selling all kinds of food, like the kolo mee, fried kueh tiaw, chicken rice, and so on.

My friend thought the Ipoh Curry Noodles looked impressive, so she decided to order it, RM5.00 per bowl.

When the bowl was set before me, a waft of aromatic curry gravy filled the air. It really smelled good. The curry was topped with some herbs, I think it was mint. Just as my friend was about to tuck in, the lady came back with a bowl of cockles, saying that the cook had forgotten to put them in the bowl a while ago! Lol.


Ipoh Curry Noodles

My friend loved the noodles a lot, her only grouse was that there was too little gravy.

I couldn't resist the fried kueh tiaw, fried Penang style with chives, Chinese sausage, prawns, cockles and eggs. Hence, I ordered a plate, which cost RM4.50.

Fried Kueh Tiaw

The kueh tiaw was good, but somehow, I think it did not have enough wok hei. I still think preferred the Uncle's fried kueh tiaw at Pelita Hai Ma.

I would love to come back to this shop for dinner some time soon. I have yet to try the kolo mee, the claypot noodles, among other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...