Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Breakfast @ X Cuisine

A**** and I drove past X Cuisine @ Pelita Commercial Centre here in Miri, and saw quite a lot of people there. So we decided to check the outlet out.

The cafe was small, but clean and pleasantly decorated. Soothing instrumental music entertained the diners. The menu listed Hong Kong style cafe items - from toasts to noodles to rice. Quite a lot of choices, it seems, and it was difficult for me to decide what to eat.

A**** ordered the Beef Brisket noodles in soup. Fine wheat noodles were blanched and served with clear broth, and topped with baby bok choy and chunks of stewed beef. I had a taste of the the broth, and found it flavoured with beef and white radish. The beef brisket noodles was RM6.80 for a serving.

Beef Brisket Noodles in Soup

I ordered the Hot and Sour Noodles in Soup. The same wheat noodles were blanched and served in thick hot and sour soup. There were minced pork, finely shredded black fungus, finely shredded fresh chillies, spongy slices of pig skin, a teeny weeny bit of sea cucumber slices, and lots of preserved vegetables in this dish. The soup was real sour, just the way I liked it. It was RM6.00 a bowl.

Hot & Sour Noodles in Soup

The portion of the noodles were pretty large, enough to share between 2 small eaters.

A**** and I also ordered the Hong Kong style toast. It's a peanut butter sandwich, coated in eggs and then pan-fried. The toast is served with honey, RM4,90.


A**** and I both loved the toast, but we wanted it drenched in MORE honey!!! ;p

A**** and I do not mind coming back sometime to try more of the items in the menu. We saw many people eating rice in stone bowls, and thought that looked interesting too! X Cuisine operates from 10.30 a.m. - 10.00 p.m. and is closed on Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...