Sunday, April 18, 2010

IMO Not So Impactful

These few days, I had a craving for sweets. I also haven't any idea why. So when I was at a bakery at Pelita Commercial Centre here in Miri, I was tempted into buying this bun, interestingly named Double Impact.

Double Impact

It was probably a new item, as I had never seen it before. Double Impact? I was not quite sure what it meant. Double impact, meaning both sides of the bun was coated in chocolate? Or Double Impact because there was chocolate in and on the bun? Or Double Impact because the cream had double the amount of chocolate in it? *scratch head*

Anyway, I bought a piece for RM1.80. And after eating the bun, I was rather disappointed. I found the chocolate cream to be too runny. Too diluted, or what? No doubt there was a lot of it piped in between the slit bun, but the chocolate cream did not have that to-die-for rich taste nor texture. It's such a pity as the bun had looked so pleasant to the eye....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...