Saturday, April 10, 2010

Old Chang Kee Snacks

Both C** and I loved Old Chang Kee, and there are OCK snacks kiosks aplenty over in Singapore. In Malaysia, there are only 2 outlets. One is located at BB Plaza, and the other at 1Utama.

I managed to try quite a few items on the menu, like sotong balls, sotong wings, chicken wrap, fish fillet, and mini cheese sausages. I loved most of the items I tried!

C** loved the spring rolls. The spring roll looked compact, and deep-fried till golden brown. Looked delicious, indeed. However, I didn't really like the fact the machine-shredded jicama stuck together inside. ;p I prefer the filling to be loosely compact, you know what I mean? ;))

OCK deep-fried spring roll

See the jicama clumped together ... hmn ... dun like ...

My favourite was Sardine O. Sardine O had a red dot on its pastry, to differentiate from Curry O, the famous OCK curry puff.

OCK Sardine O

Yummy ...

The sardine puff was compact with filling. The sardine was mashed up, and spiced with chilli and onions. Yum, the way I liked it. It's super tasty. C**, who had tried it for the first time, liked it too.

I tried the deep-fried chicken wing too. It was crispy and tasty, not bad at all.

Fried chicken wing

Well, it was really convenient to snack @ OCK's. Except that people shouldn't really eat these greasy food items too often or else they will jeopardise their health!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...