Monday, October 5, 2009

Breakfast @ Hong Yung Cafe

Hong Yung Cafe is located at Morsjaya Commercial Centre. It is a corner shoplot with a yellow signboard. There are lots of people having breakfast there, as early as 7.00 a.m. in the morning.

On our way to the airport this morning, my friend and I stopped by for breakfast. My friend ordered kolo mee and I ordered the Sarawak laksa.

Kolo mee

The kolo mee was RM2.50 a serving, and came in a plate so tiny, that the topping fell off when my friend attempted to eat her noodles. The verdict? My friend said that the noodles were a tad too dry. She also said it was too salty. My friend did not even finish her noodles because of the saltiness. I'd known my friend for ages, and it's the first time I ever see her leaving her noodle unfinished.

Sarawak laksa

On the other hand, the laksa was quite good. The gravy was quite lemak. The vendor was quite generous with the topping, which consisted of shredded steamed chicken, shredded egg omelette, blanched bean sprouts, and prawns. I liked the prawns a lot, as they were fresh, succulent and sweet. I was quite happy with the laksa. It was RM4.00 per bowl. Recommended, if you are looking for good laksa in Miri.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...