Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Marrybrown's Chicken Porridge

My friend and I was at Bintang Plaza Megamall one morning. It was about 10.30 a.m., and my friend was starving. She wanted to have chicken porridge. So we headed to McDonald's on the first floor to have Bubur Ayam McD.

There were two long lines of customers, but there was only one counter operating. Service was slow as the food was obviously not ready yet. My friend and I lined up for about 5 minutes but the line was not moving.

So, my friend and I went downstairs to Marrybrown's. My friend ordered the Chicken Porridge. I only ordered a cup of hot tea as I did not feel like eating anything.

Anyway, we both looked at the bowl of porridge as it was served. There was shredded chicken, chopped spring onions and a crispy spiral-looking thingy atop the porridge.

Marrybrown's chicken porridge. Look at the spiral thingy on top of the porridge.

Looking curiously at the spiral thingy, we asked the girl what they were. She said it was "garnishing". Hmn. Garnishing? Duh. Garnishing, to my understanding, is decoration. So, that crispy spiral thingy was served no purpose other than porridge decoration? Hmn.

Anyway, my friend, who ate the porridge, pushed all the spiral thingy aside after a few mouthfuls. She said the porridge tasted better without those things. ;p

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...