Thursday, October 29, 2009

A Meal @ Pizza Hut, Bintang Megamall Miri

"I feel like eating pizza," my colleague, J*, said on the way out of the conference room at about 3.00 p.m today.

"Come on, let's go for pizza," I said impulsively.

"Ok, see you there," J* said.

We did not even say where we'd go for pizza. Somehow, we know that it would be Pizza Hut. There is only one Pizza Hut outlet in Miri. And it is located at Bintang Plaza Megamall.

Although there were only 2 of us, we ordered quite a lot.

We ordered the Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza Set for 2. It came with a regular cheesy pizza, 2 soups, a serving of breadstix, and 2 7Up Revive.

Soup : I think it's Cream of Mushroom Soup

4 pieces of breadstix per serving

7UP Revive

The Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza was quite a sight. Its crust is made up of cheddar and mozarella fingers, topped with crunchy parmesan-flavoured cornflakes. I was doubtful about the cornflakes initially. However, the crunch actually added more bite to the crust. Quite delightful, really.

Crunchy Cheesy Bites Pizza

The pizza was topped with deep-fried battered prawns, similar to those used in the Hut's Platter. Other than the prawns, I could detect sliced mushrooms, sliced marinated chicken, and green peppers.

For variety's sake, my colleague ordered a personal size Hawaiian Chicken Pizza.

Hawaiian Chicken Pizza

I had Sweet & Spicy Wings, while J* had Deli Wings.

Sweet & Spicy Wings

J* also insisted in ordering a regular Hut's Platter, which consisted of criss cut fries, 2 pieces of tempura-battered calamari rings, and 2 pieces of tempura king prawns. Cool lime mayonnaise was provided for dipping. I liked this item. The prawns and the calamari were both succulent and tasty. Quite yum.

Regular Hut's Platter

J* wanted to try some new items on the menu. He ordered the Honey BBQ wings. In contrast to the oven-roasted wings, these are deep-fried. The coating for the meat is really very crunchy. I can't figure out what those bits of coating are made up of. The barbecue sauce was a bit to thick for my liking. Overall, I did not really like these BBQ wings.

Honey BBQ Wings

What a glutton, right? Well, of course we could not finish all the food we ordered. And thankfully, another colleague, R**** came to join us a while later. Much of the food was also packed and taken away.

After our meal, R**** wanted to buy a netbook. After surveying the various models available, she settled for the Toshiba NB200 which sold for RM1499. She also bought a USB modem to go with her netbook.

My colleague's new toy

Well, it was a great get-together with my colleagues. We seldom have the opportunity to hang out together after work. Today is exceptional. I truly enjoyed myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...