Friday, October 2, 2009

The Ultimatum

I'd just finished watching The Ultimatum 双子星. This series is really very dramatic ;)). Quite enjoyable, in fact, as it is full of twists and turns.

Well, to me, the first part of the drama was really quire tiring to watch, as they were full of family feud and squabbles. In fact, I took a REALLY long time to get to the part where Yuchen find out about her real identity. To me the plot only picked up after that.

It seems to me that many episodes end with an exciting scene. Lol. It made me eager to continue wathing. Like the death of Songqiao's mother, the collapse of Songnian, Songqiao's witness of Sunjie attempting a robbery, the explosion of the boat that supposedly ferried Renyi, Renyi being knocked down by a truck, Suzhen seeing the video in the mobile phone, Sunmin and Rende falling down from a building, and so on.

My favourite character is Ah Da (Li Nanxing). He is really gentle, and loyal. He sticks by Yuchen, even though he knows that she has committed so much wrong. He tries so hard to persuade her to surrender. But she refuses to heed his advice.

My least favourite character is Rende. He is a good-for-nothing, and a sadist.

I think Zoe Tay's acting is commendable. She portrays Yuchen's desperation really well. Li Nanxing also portrays the 2 distinctly different characters very well - Zhang Feng is cool and suave, while Ah Da is simple and straightforward. Oh yes, the gambling scenes awe me a lot!! Lol. 1 dice is cut into 2 with just a shake. Lol. A card when thrown is thinly halved. Lol. Awesome, even though fake, and so very COOL. Lol.

A desperate Yuchen (Zoe Tay)

The God of Gambler (Li Nanxing) is so very cool!! LOL.

Felicia Chin's portrayal of a tomboy, Sunmin, is quite believable. However, Sunmin's love story with Songqing (Zhang Zhenhuan), dubbed Prince of Cakes is a reminiscent of the Korean drama, 1st Shop Of Coffee Prince, one of my favourite dramas of all time. I distinctly remember a dialogue whereby Songqing, in reverie, says he does not care anymore and that he wants to explore the relationship with Sunmin, regardless of his/her gender. That is exactly what the ever-so-charming Han-gyul (Gong Yoo) says to Eun-chan (Yoon Eun Hye) in the Korean drama.

I thought Songqing (Zhang Zhenhuan) was kind of cute. An actor to look out for.

I also like He Chaoqun (Terence Cao) a lot. He seems a bit mysterious in his ways, but he is an upright person. I really do not like it when he is ill, so I am really glad that he is cured of his illness in the end. And I'm so very glad he ended up with Songqiao.

Well, this drama really portrays the greed of man - the extent people would go to for power, wealth and status. Sigh. So sad.

Good story line. Good acting. Recommended.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...