Saturday, October 31, 2009

Online Shopping

My friend has been shopping online a lot. She bought lots of handbags, which she flaunted for all to see. Of course, her tastes were vastly different from mine. I go for the boring and the classics. While, she is sassier, bolder and trendier. One Friday evening, she dyed her hair, using some imported shampoo that she'd acquired online. I was awed at this unique way of buying things through the Internet.

Now, I haven't had much experience with online shopping. Sure, I often purchased my air tickets online. And I once bought my Dell laptop online. Other than that, zilch.

Disappointed with my weekend shopping at the local malls, a bright idea came to my head two nights ago as I was surfing the Net. Hmn. Why don't I try buying clothes online? And there I googled some combinations of words and it brought me to a website which had a considerable stock of nice-looking clothes. The website looked professional enough, and so I decided that I wanted to try to buy something from there.

After browsing for a while, I decided on a black chiffon blouse. I had wanted to buy a similar-looking black chiffon blouse the other day when I was shopping at Boulevard Hypermarket. Unfortunately, the design and price was not right.

From the catalogue

Now, I really dislike buying clothes without trying them on first. So, I had to scrutinize the measurement for a long time before deciding on the size. Upon checking out, an electronic invoice was sent via email. Based on the invoice, customers could choose to pay by credit card, or by crediting into a few bank accounts listed on the website.

I made my payment and emailed them to notify that I had paid. Upon verification, my blouse was sent out. I would be expecting my parcel in 1 or 2 working days. There was also a tracking code provided and I could see the status of my delivery.

My parcel arrived one and a half days later.

My parcel

My blouse wrapped in a plastic bag

The label had Chinese characters on it. Now, I have no idea where the blouse is made. China?

The label

The blouse

Well, so how did I find the blouse? It fitted me, thankfully. However, unlike the picture shown in the catalogue, the neckline was rounded. It's got a rubber band, so you can pull it off the shoulder. However, if you don't, the neckline is really narrow and doesn't look nice at all. So I guess pictures can be deceiving, eh?

Now, I'm probably going to wear this blouse to a school function at the end of the year. Till then I'll have to think of ways to widen the neckline!!! Suggestions, anyone?

1 comment:

  1. Dear inid2tell,
    I am an admin from a new site namely ModernBabe.net, a new lifestyle website in Malaysia.

    I noticed that, there are not many portals in Malaysia that allow people to write about their online purchases let alone to do a review about their experiences.

    Most of these writers are bloggers and they only write about it in their blogs.

    I hope you don’t mind me putting up your articles and experiences in online shopping (there are a lot of other write ups too from other bloggers there) for the purpose of sharing. Don’t worry; I will give credit to your blog for the write up.

    You can contact me at:
    Email: babemoderator@gmail.com
    FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/ModernBabe
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoreThanBabe

    ReplyDelete

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...