Sunday, October 11, 2009

Homemade Nasi Kerabu

I have long meetings on Fridays. It usually takes 3 - 4 hours. In between, we usually take a short break, when we will have some refreshments.

Last Friday, my colleague who is originally from Terengganu made Nasi Kerabu for us.

She served the topping and condiments on a cute little purple tray. There's chopped cucumber, fish floss, shredded bunga kantan, diced long beans, boiled salted egg wedges, budu, and not forgetting the sambal in the centre.

Nasi kerabu ingredients and condiments

My friend even made solok lada - which is stuffed chillies.

We assembled our own platter.

My serving of Nasi Kerabu

The Nasi Kerabu was indeed delicious. We were full of praises for it, everyone liked it.

However, I'd only eaten shop-made Nasi Kerabu before this. So I was really unsure of the amount of topping and sauces for my rice. My platter ended up too salty. Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...