Monday, December 14, 2009

Ikea Restaurant Tampines

Ikea Tampines was the first place that Aunt brought us to when we landed in Singapore. It was funny, cause Ikea was also the first place that we went to in KL.

As usual, I did not buy anything. I would love to own a house full of stuff from Ikea. But the reality is that I do not own a house. And I cannot bring back to Malaysia anything more than my existing luggage.

And hence, I watched other people shop. ;)

In actual fact, Aunt A****** brought us there so that Aunt B** could try the Swedish meatballs. Aunt B**, however, failed to tell Aunt A****** that she had tried the meatballs during our trip to KL, and did not like them. Lol.

And so, Aunt A****** assured her that she could order something else. Lol.

It was about 8.00 p.m. The queues at the food counter were really long. And there were no empty tables. We waited quite long before we got a table near the kids' playpen.

Aunt B** was a bit flabbergasted at the noise and chaos! Obviously, she's not used to the crowds. Lol. She also voiced her annoyance about the people who stood by our table, waiting for us to finish our food even before our food arrived! Lol.

I wanted to try something different, and so I ordered a Salmon Burger. The plate came with a salmon burger, with coleslaw, boiled baby carrots & garlic-seasoning potatoes on the side.

Salmon burger

Well, initially, I was worried that the fish would be "fishy". I did not like cooked salmon. Fortunately, the lingering fishy taste was not there. The fish patty was soft and with a faint taste of salmon. I loved the potatoes as it was nicely flavoured with garlic and butter. The coleslaw was quite ordinary. And I did not like the carrots at all.

Aunts A****** and B** opted for the Christmas Hot Plate. It had roast turkey breast and smoked turkey ham with pineapple sauce, served with a plain sourdough bun, baby potatoes and baby carrots. Aunts liked the sauce. I liked the baby spuds.

Christmas Hot Plate

Aunt I*** had a Fish Fillet, with coleslaw, a sourdough Pave and unsalted butter. I did not taste the items on the platter, so no comment.

Fish fillet

After our meal, we cleared our own trays so that the next batch of diners did not need to go through the trouble of clearing our dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...