Friday, December 4, 2009

Q Bistro Nasi Kandar @ Bandar Sri Permaisuri

Now, this 24-hour eatery is a happening place to eat. I'd been there as late as 1.oo a.m. in the morning, and this place is just thriving with activity.

Most people who hang out into the early hours of the morning are youngsters who live in the nearby condominiums at Bandar Sri Permaisuri. Many just relax over drinks, while others tinkle with their laptops and netbooks. Yes, free Wi-fi is available at this mamak restaurant. Now, however, they charge RM1.00 per hour for the use of the electricity, in case you need to rev up your laptop or netbook.

I was quite amazed because the waiters here take their orders via a PDA. Cool. Your favourite mamak fare is just a few efficient taps away.

I asked the friendly waiter how they charge customers on the use of the power plugs. He waved his PDA proudly and said, "Semua ada dalam sini." Ok. I rest my case.

Well, what is all the fuss about technology if the food is not good? I can assure you that the food at Q Bistro is quite yummy. I liked the teh tarik and the roti canai for snacks.

But during our last visit, I got to try out a few different items.

Bro and siltb recommended the Nasi Goreng Kampung. It was tasty, not too oily. I liked it.

Nasi Goreng Kampung

I wanted the Maggi Goreng. It came with a lot of crunchy vegetables like beansprouts, carrots, and shredded cabbage . There's a hint of the Maggi curry flavour to spice things up.

Maggi goreng

We ordered a cheese naan and a garlic naan. They were both served with dhal curry.

Dhal curry

Honestly, I can't really taste the cheese in the cheese naan.

Cheese Naan

But I loved the garlic naan a lot. You can see the chopped garlic on the surface of the bread, and it complements the bread wonderfully. The naan is crispy on the outside, but soft on the inside. Highly recommended.

Garlic Naan

We also ordered a serving of tandoori chicken. Ok. I'm not fond of chicken breast meat. So, I found the tandoori chicken to be hard and dry.

Chicken tandoori

Aunt ordered the rojak, but we all found the gravy too sweet.

Rojak

The bill for the four of us came to only RM29.00. I thought it was quite reasonable.

If you are interested to read more about this hi-tech mamak restaurant, there's a write-up in NST's Tech and U.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...