Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Tampines Round Market & Food Centre

Aunt A****** brought us to the Tampines Round Market & Food Centre, which was voted Singapore's favourite hawker centre for 2 years in a row.

The market is round!

We walked there from Aunt I****'s flat. The market was crowded as lots of people were having breakfast. Finding a vacant table was difficult.

There were a number of popular stalls here. You can tell by seeing the long queues at the counters.

Aunt A****** urged me to try the Yong Tau Foo as she heard that I liked it. 5 pieces of Yong Tau Foo and my choice of noodles for SGD2.50. Aunt said it was a steal!

I took 3 types of stuffed vegetables - green chilli, okra and brinjal, and 2 types of tofu. For my choice of noodles, I opted for bee hoon. Then I needed to decide whether I wanted to have my my Yong Tau Foo dry, or with soup, or with curry gravy. I opted for soup.

My bowl of Yong Tau Foo

Chilli sauce and sweet sauce were served in saucer.

The condiments

The stuffed vegetables and bean curd were all right. But, I found the soup to be rather bland.

We also ordered fried carrot cake to share. It was all right, too. It wouldn't be the best carrot cake that I'd ever eaten.

Fried carrot cake

Aunt I**** ordered mochi. The vendor auntie cut the mochi dough on the spot in a peanut and sesame mixture. I tried some, and was surprised that the mochi was warm. It was soft and chewy too.

Mochi

We walked around the market to see the produce that were sold.

The doggies' favourite : Japanese pumpkin

Poinsetta

Well, it was my first time to the infamous HDB flats, where Aunt I**** lives. It was quite interesting to walk to the wet market early in the morning, where the local community would go for breakfast and fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...