Sunday, December 6, 2009

New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice @ Midvalley City

Bro : Do you want to eat chicken rice for dinner?
Me : I eat anything.
Bro : Let's try the chicken rice shop.
Me : Where?

Bro brought us to the New Restaurant Ipoh Chicken Rice @ Midvalley City. This restaurant is located at the the boulevard between Midvalley Mega Mall and The Gardens.

Upon ordering, we were given a little saucer of chilli sauce each. Hmn. Not very generous, I thought. I preferred chicken rice shops with jars of chilli sauce on the table, so that you can have your fill. What's chicken rice without chilli sauce?

Chilli sauce

The rice came next. The rice was light and fluffy, but I thought it lacked that "香" taste.

Chicken rice

Next came the chicken. It was RM19.00 for half a steamed chicken. The chicken was smooth and tasty. Not bad.

Steamed chicken

We ordered a portion of char siew for RM20.00. I thought this was rather pricey. The char siew, I thought, lacked the smokey flavour that I liked.

Char siew

The beansprouts were quite yummy - fat and crispy, and lightly flavoured. But I think I can cook it too. Simple only ;).

Blanched beansprouts

Then we also ordered the fish ball soup. The fish balls were huge and succulent. The soup was sweet, but I did not really like it. We ate the fish balls and left the soup untouched.

Fish ball soup

The bill comes to almost RM80.00 for the four of us, which was quite expensive for just a chicken rice meal.

This chicken rice meal did not really make an impression on me because I did not crave for more ;p. It was just an ordinary chicken rice meal at a premium price. I'd eaten better-tasting chicken rice elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...