Thursday, December 10, 2009

Interesting Sights : From The Harbour To The Quay

During my last trip to Singapore, Vivo City did not exist. Now, it is a sprawling shopping mall, the largest in Singapore.

VivoCity from the outside

Aunt A****** brought us to the rooftop where there were many cute and interesting structures to see. In addition, wading pools were available for children to play. I am not a kid, but even I was tempted to wade in the water! ;)

Wading pool

I loved the scenery of the harbour front from the rooftop. At a distance away is Sentosa Island, now having a major refurbishment.

I did not do any shopping at Vivo City. But my aunts bought a some household items from Daiso, the Japanese discount store. Everything in the store sells for SGD2.00. Quite interesting, but nothing that I need.

After VivoCity, we took the MRT to Chinatown. Chinatown itself is an old establishment which offered lots of interesting things to see and do. We walked along Pagoda Street, there were many souvenirs and trinkets for sale. I would love to visit the Chinatown Heritage Centre, but it was just too bad that we did not have the time.

A Chinese garden @ Chinatown

From Chinatown, it was only a quick bus ride to Clark Quay. I was fortunate to watch 2 bungee jumps that afternoon. Lol. The riders screamed their hearts, out while we chuckled in amusement.

Colourfully-painted shoplots


Interesting structures

Cute fish structures

A short walk to the City Hall MRT station brought us home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...