Wednesday, December 30, 2009

A Prisoner But Not Guilty

Enclosed
Four walls surround me
I'm trapped
There is no escape
For there is nowhere to go

I want to go somewhere
But I got to wait
For it is not my time yet

From within here
I hear the racket
I hear people talking on top of their voices
I hear the cheery laughter
Like a group
Of carefree children
Or rather
A group of insensible adults

Why are they here?
Again?
Haven't they been here often enough?
What for?
Nothing better to do?
Or
Is their sole objective to drive me insane?

To save my sanity
I try to block out the disturbing noises
But to no avail

From within here
My mind takes me to places
I want to go
To do things I want to do
To be with the people I want to be with

But when I open the door
Reality sets in

The intruders
Have reduced me to
Nothing
But a prisoner in my own home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...