Sunday, December 27, 2009

Xmas Dinner Party

A group of friends gathered together to celebrate Xmas Nite. Food was abundant, wine and our favourite coffee liquor, Bailey's overflowing.

Most of my friends took the time and trouble to cook. So, eating home-cooked on Xmas evening indeed exuded warmth, especially for me, who is away from my loved ones.

HK and CH roasted the chicken themselves. It was well-marinated, and really juicy and tender. Yum.

Freshly roasted chicken

C*** cooked curry, which a lot of people liked. She used her secret blend of spices, and she did not use coconut milk. Instead, she substituted it with ideal milk and yoghurt.

Delicious chicken curry

Another chicken dish was prepared by L***. A*****, her husband, jokingly said was hangi. Lol. Well, anyway, the chicken and the root vegetables were baked in a slow fire. Really yum - the chicken was sweet and succulent, the vegetables soft and flavoured by the chicken juices.

Baked chicken

Uncle 3G baked this fish. Sweet and really awesome if eaten with a chilli padi and soy sauce dip.

Baked fish

LU cooked fried rice. It was flavourful and yum.

Fried rice

J***** cooked this sambal beehoon. Spicy and piquant. Yum.

Sambal beehoon

She also cooked mixed vegetables. Colourful and healthy.

Mixed vegetables

And blanched mustard leaves in sauce, which I really liked. It's my vege of the moment! Lol.

Blanched choy sum in sauce

A***** made fruit salad. Light and refreshing.

Fruit salad

So, other people cooked so much delicious food. What did I cook? Lol. I did think about what to cook. Unfortunately, I did not have the inclination nor the facility to cook. My kitchen was being invaded by Miss B**** and friends. Yet, I could not go empty-handed. And so, out I went to the nearest hypermarket and bought some ice-cream for dessert.

There were agar-agar and fruits too.

Colourful agar-agar

After dinner we were entertained by live music! The uncles took us down memory lane with popular renditions from the 70's, 80's and 90's. Lol. After their vocal chords warmed up, the props came out - namely the cowboy hats. See the hat on the floor? That's to collect coins from the audience. Lol.

The entertainers

Well, thanks to D****** and J***** for hosting the dinner. Thanks for opening your home to all of us. I had a great time catching up with everybody! And of course, the food was superb!

Merry Xmas once again, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...