Sunday, June 16, 2013

Berry Is 9 Months Old

The greatest joy this holiday was to play with my nephew, Berry. He's 9 months old ... and he's absolutely adorable. He's quite a sociable boy, and he does not mind interacting with people. I just love to play with him, and to make him laugh. When I succeed, I laugh along with him and I forget all my worries and problems.

At this stage, Berry is an active little explorer ... he crawls around the house and touches everything. He is just so curious about everything. But there are some things that he is particularly fond of .... i.e. knobs, door stoppers. To our exasperation, he inspects them at every opportunity! Even a plastic mineral water bottle can keep him occupied for minutes. He holds it and spins it and then bites it ..... Berry has the tendency of putting everything in his mouth now. So funny.

But when we try to put food into his mouth .... he turns away in disgust. And so it has been quite difficult to feed him at meal times. Berry eats porridge now, but only when the television is turned on for him. Berry loves Sesame Street ... and he has a couple of favourite songs on the Sesame Street Channel on Youtube. He just refuses to eat without watching the videos .... and he can watch repeatedly for a long, long time. And we just have to keep repeating the videos for him in order to get him to finish his food. He does not like fruits either, so we worry that he may not be eating enough.

Berry loves it when we bring him to the mall, his eyes big and round as he takes in his surroundings. He loves the bright lights, and the pattern tiles make him excited. When Berry gets excited, he tends to flap his hands like a little bird. So cute. Berry also attracts people's attention cause he is so cute. The other day at the mall, many sales assistants smiled at him .... and said hello to him .... and waved at him. Berry almost always smiled back. What a polite baby. Even fellow shoppers smiled at him with delight.

I think people are generally very tolerant of babies at the mall. It was really crowded and there were so many people waiting for the lift, but when the door opened, they let me push a sleeping Berry and his stroller into the lift first. I thought it was really kind of them. Then, there would be people holding the lift doors so that we could manoeuvre Berry's stroller or carry him in and out of the lift safely.

I've been trying to buy him some rubber ducks ever since he was born .... and it was not that easy to buy them actually. The ones at the departmental store were really pricey. Hmn ... I suppose none of us were willing to fork out RM29.90 for a couple of small plastic ducks. There were even more expensive ducks which I saw .... costing RM49.90 at one departmental store. We all thought they were not worth buying. Then, I saw some at Super Save .... those were cheap, but they looked hideous. So I did not buy them. But the other day, at Daiso, I came across these very cute ones for only RM5.00. There were 4 small ducks in a bag ..... and so I could not resist them ...  

Cute little rubber duckies ...

I meant for Berry to play with them during this bath time .... but for now ... he prefers to hold them and sometimes biting into them. Lol. So cute.

I was so glad to see little Berry again. Till next time! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...