Saturday, June 1, 2013

Delicious Buns

I wanted to try the steamed buns, but they weren't ready at the time I was there ..... so I was left with not much of choice, I had to buy the baked buns. I could not have driven all the way there ... and come back empty handed.

 Red dot and elongated bun with red bean filling, undotted and elongated for butter milk, and green dotted round coconut bun

Cross section of the buns
Well, what's really nice is the texture of the bread - compact, yet not too dense; springy and chewy to the bite. This time around, I quite enjoyed the red bean bun and even more so, the coconut bun. The red bean paste was rich and not too sweet, while the coconut was freshly and coursely grated and mildly flavoured. Very delicious, indeed. The buns sold for RM1.00 each. 

Read previous post here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...