Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Shopping Spree

Sometimes, I can walk at the mall for the whole day and buy nothing. Sometimes, I want to buy something but can't find anything that suits or that I like. Today, however, I'd gone beserk. My buying spree yielded 5 tops, a skirt, a pair of shorts and 2 pairs of shoes.

Not sure why I went ahead to buy so much today .... Maybe I happened to see the pieces that I liked. Maybe I wanted to be drastic. Maybe I wanted to change my image. Maybe I wanted to downsize. Maybe I was deprived of shopping for the past 6 months. Most probably, I was being emo and I wanted to make myself feel better.

Goodies galore .... 

I'd even forgotten to eat lunch as I was too preoccupied :P. At one store, I must have spent at least an hour in the fitting room ... with the sales assistant bringing me pieces and pieces of clothes to try on. She must have made at least 5 rounds with clothes which she thought I might like, and of multiple sizes to find the best fit. I was really sick of oversized clothes and was determined to find something that fits. Hmn ... in the end, I settled with 3 pieces.

At another shop, there was practically no one working there .... and I could just pick whatever I wanted off the shelves and tried them to my hearts' content. Finally, I too, settled with 3 pieces.

One pair of shoes I had wanted to buy since 6 months ago .... and now it was on 40% discount. Of course, I had to buy it. I had originally wanted the beige pair ... but today, I opted for the black one. After that, I just happened to walk into another shoe shop ... and fell in love with a pair of peep-toes .... and I bought that in beige.

Yeah .... well .... I did feel great buying all those stuff .... what did they say about retail therapy? Sure, it burnt a hole in the pocket .... but well .... that hole made me feel damn good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revisiting Miri

I went back to Miri for the first time in 7 years and 10 months.  Miri Waterfront I left Miri in 2014, and years have passed in a blink of a...